Caring for Women's Health in Winnipeg
Welcome to the Layo Centre (formerly known as The Winnipeg Women's Health & Contraception Clinic), a comprehensive clinic for medical care relating to women's health issues. Our clinic offers a range of advice and services relating to women’s reproductive health. We provide our patients with all of the information, support, and care they need in making informed choices regarding their health. We focus on education, therefore empowering our patients to make an informed choice as it relates to their reproductive health.
We are a leading expert site in the provision of the most effective methods for contraception, long acting reversible contraceptives (specifically intrauterine devices and the Nexplanon® implant) and menopause. We are also the go to place for difficult insertions and removals.
BSc (Pharm), MD, CCFP, NCMP (she/her)
Proud Member of RAIICE
Experts in IUD & implant insertion and care
The Layo Centre is a proud member of RAIICE (Rapid Access IUC and Implant Centres of Excellence). RAIICE is a network of clinics and health care providers across Canada who are experts in IUD & implant insertion and care.
RAIICE clinics must meet the following criteria:
- Have an expert IUD and implant insertion team
- Accept patients making their own appointments without referral by their health care provider
- Appointments for IUD and implant discussions and insertions made quickly
- Offer training in their communities to the public and/or to other health care providers
- Are committed to continuously improving the care they provide
- Must provide access to the copper IUD as emergency contraception